Sunday, October 24, 2010

Who I Am

One specific quality that I enjoy about myself, is I’m a very laid back person. I once used to take everything to heart, and I would give everyone “a piece of my mind”..and then I started to realize that that isn’t always the best solution. I have learned to let a lot of things go, and to just stay out of drama. Although, I’m sure just about every teenage girl goes through their “drama queen” phase during their middle school years. I definitely went through mine, and I couldn’t be any happier that I am out of it. In my opinion, when a person can’t let the slightest comment or remark go, then there is a problem. If someone takes every little snark or insult to heart, then their life will be very unpleasant. It’s not that I’m completely careless about anything and everything, but I’ve taught myself to care about the things that will impact my future. I’ve learned to brush off the insults and rude comments that some people choose to send my way. I’ve definitely noticed that it has made a difference in my life. Ever since I decided to start become more of a laid back person, it seems as if drama doesn’t follow me anymore. People now know that I don’t take things very seriously at all, and that I’m a very forgiving person. This doesn’t necessarily mean that I let people walk all over me, but if that’s honestly what a person’s cruel intention is, then I’ll let them think that they’re accomplishing their goal. I feel as if the more forgiving, and relaxed you are, the better you will feel about yourself. I mean I think that there are appropriate times when you should stand up for yourself, but not all the time. I love being a laid back person, and I would recommend it to anyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment