Friday, October 1, 2010

Are you a cat or a dog?

Take a look at your personality. Are you viewed as a more reserved, independent person? Or are you more outgoing, bubbly, and social? In my psychology class sophomore year, we were asked this question. I definitely replied with saying that I was a cat. My best friend on the other hand, is a definite dog. A "cat" person (such as myself) tends to be more of an independent, type A personality. "Cats" don't necessarily need to be around people in order to be content. In my case, I think I could honestly go through an entire day without speaking to anyone. I realize that this would be very unhealthy/odd, but I think I could do it. "Dogs" are much more outgoing, social, and up-beat than cat personalities. Dog people absolutely love being around others. They love the idea of being within a big crowd, just socializing and having fun. Even though most cat people could tolerate a situation like this, it doesn't sound very intriguing to them. It's interesting to see how "dogs" and "cats" wind up connecting with one another. For example with my best friend and myself. She and I are complete opposites, yet we're inseparable. We are living proof of the phrase, "opposites attract". I think whenever I was younger I started out as more of a dog person and then somewhere along the way, the "cat" within me came out. I think that as you get older, we all become more of cats. In a way, we need to become cats in order to make something of ourselves. We can't always rely on the help of others, and expect to have someone there for us at all times. Cats tend to do their own thing, no matter what the case is. They either like you, or they don't. Now don't get me wrong, I know that there is a happy medium between liking or disliking a person, but hopefully you're catching my drift. Although, if you're a dog, I hope you don't think that I'm just sitting here degrading your personality. If we didn't have dogs in the world, we wouldn't have any diversity and that would be very boring! So either way, if you're a cat or a dog, embrace it. Know who you are and stand by it through everything.



10/1/10 (Short Story)


Francesca’s Day Out

Once upon a time there was an elephant named Francesca Deweese. Francesca was so sick and tired of the field where she and her family had been staying for the past few weeks. Due to the amount of elephants in her family, they were all turning into one huge jumble. Francesca’s family was a definite nuisance to her. Relaxing was not an option in the Deweese family, and she had just about put up with it for good. Due to all of this insanity, she decided to go on a journey of her own for a few hours and discover what the world had to offer her.

Francesca made the decision to be fearless on this expedition. She knew that she could handle the enormous responsibility that came along with this journey. On a normal basis, Francesca was known as a feisty, stubborn elephant. She decided that she was going to put that behind her for today. She made the choice to be an independent, mature elephant on this adventure. She was not going to compete with other animals along the way.

Today, Francesca was feeling a bit shwasted. She figured that she was feeling this way way because of the leftovers that she consumed the evening before. She tried her hardest to endure through this odd state of mind and to continue on her journey. As she traveled, she decided that she wanted to have some fun and start partying. She found a few other furry, safari animals to join her, and they had an absolute ball. They were dancing, singing and saying, “Yar!” to one another. Francesca was so happy that she came up with the partying idea. Before the party she was feeling very cranky from being shwasted, but now she felt like a brand new elephant who was ready to conquer the world beneath her.

Now the Francesca was more relaxed, she started acting like a contrary goober. She was acting so goofy that she almost forgot about her adventure! Along the way, Francesca saw many different sights. She saw a mother lion and her cub, a bird making a nest, antelopes running through the field, and a twit swimming in a nearby pond.

Francesca’s journey was finally coming to a close. She saw the sun setting in the distance and she knew that it was time for her to make her way back to her family. Francesca was absolutely euphoric. She was so pleased with how her adventure turned out. She made so many different new friends, and had quite a few new experiences. Francesca was flabbergasted by how much fun she had all day. She was very pleased that she chose to go on the adventure, and she couldn’t wait to tell her family about every little detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment