Tuesday, October 5, 2010

“Never wish you were somebody else because there
 are people out there envying you for who you are.”

I think this quote is beyond amazing. I can't say that I've never wished that I was somebody else, but I try my hardest to not do so. The way I see it is that you might as well love yourself how you are, because you can't become someone else. Your eyes, nose, ears, beauty marks, and toes are just how they are meant to be. Everyone is unique in their own way. We are made to be individuals, not duplicates of one another. Although, I realize that it can be extremely tough to not envy a person for having something that you do not. Whenever this situation comes about, just try and think to yourself, "Do I honestly need that?" "Is that envy really worth the frustration that I'm causing myself?"

Most likely there is at least one person out there envying you for who you are as a person. Whether you think so or not, there is probably one person out there who wants to be more like you. Either way, we should all love ourselves. It's definitely not an easy thing to do, but we should at least try our best. We are who we are and we can't change that. I think we should all try to envy less and appreciate more. Envy the people around you less and appreciate the skin you're in more. No matter how much you dislike a certain feature about your body, it was made to be that way. We are all unique creations, and we should be much more appreciative than what we are. This kind of traces back to my previous post about being thankful for the things in your life. Not only do we need to appreciate those around us more, we need to appreciate ourselves so much more than what a lot of us do today. We need to be filling ourselves with positivity and not pessimism. So overall, I believe that we should all start to love ourselves a little more each day and stop wanting to be in any other shoes but our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment