Tuesday, October 19, 2010

“Never regret what once made you smile. Just learn from the tears that followed.”

Personally, I think that we should all try to live by this quote. I understand that it can be very difficult to not regret things, but it is possible. I also enjoy the quote, "Always forgive but never forget." Whenever we make choices in life, it is most likely because we want to make them, not because we're being forced to. We all go through phases in our lives, and we have to accept that. I know that I have made some foolish mistakes in my life, but I don't know anyone who hasn't made at least one. If we dwell on our decisions, it makes it complicated for us to prosper. We have to learn from our mistakes and move on. There's no possible way for us to go back and change the choices we've previously made, so we just need to accept them. The past has passed, no matter what think we can do about it. I know for a fact that I have dated many boys whom I would not even think about talking to these days. At one point in time I used to dwell about that constantly. Now I understand that I am worth much more than what I once thought I was. Confidence is everything. I now understand that the more confident I am, the better I will feel about my choices. I try my best to think about the aftermath of the choices I make as well. I try to ask questions like: "How is this really going to turn out?", "Would my mom be okay with be doing this?" and "Is this worth it?" Even just asking yourself simple questions like this before you make a choice can greatly effect the outcome. In my opinion, this quote doesn't necessarily mean that you literally cried from something that made you smile. I feel as if it's talking about disappointment in general. If you feel disappointed by someone who once made you feel like you were on top of the world, take it as a lesson. I try my best to learn from all of my experiences. I was just recently let down by someone who I thought I meant a lot to, and I'm trying my hardest to accept the fact that it's over. I now realize that I never deserved to be treated how I was by this person. I know that I can find a person who will treat me like an actual human being. I'm proud of myself for coming to this realization finally. I've made the decision to never put myself through anything like that again. I am a person of value and I deserve to be treated like one. Overall, no matter what the case is, we should all try our hardest to live without regrets. The more we regret, the more we will fret. The less we worry, the happier we will feel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment