Friday, October 8, 2010

Be Cool To The Pizza Delivery Dude

This was my definite favorite out of the "This I believe" essays that we were assigned to read. This honestly sounds an essay that I could have possibly written. Sarah Adams has an awesome view on life in my opinion. The statement, "Coolness to the pizza delivery dude is a practice in equality" really stuck out to me. She's absolutely right. No matter what your ethnicity, your occupation, your background, your vehicle, or your style, you deserve to be treated with respect. A quote that particularly describes this is, "There's a difference between being two-faced and not liking someone yet respecting them." I back this quote up 100%. I'm sure we all have a few people in our lives who we dislike. Although we may not agree with their lifestyle, views or idea, they deserve our respect. Treat your neighbor how you would want to be treated. I strongly believe that this is the way to life. I try my hardest to respect each and every person that I meet. This doesn't mean that I have to be best friends with them and call them up on the weekends, but I should at least acknowledge their existence. Each and every day people are disrespected for foolish reasons. I don't know about you, but when I'm disrespected I feel very offended. I try my hardest to brush things off and go on my way but at times that is a very challenging task. Disrespect shows a sign of immaturity in my opinion. The way I see it is the more you disrespect a person, the more insecure you are about yourself. It completely disgusts me when people have to put others down to feel worthy of themselves. That's absolutely ridiculous. Every single person on this Earth is of value, no matter what the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment