Saturday, October 23, 2010

An Event to Remember

An event that comes to mind is when my High School choir took a trip to Breckenridge, CO. I had never been to CO and I was absolutely thrilled to go. It was only the chamber choir who went on this trip, which made it even better. There was about 30 of us, and a few chaperones here and there. My best friend was in chamber choir as well, so that made the trip about ten times better. We were given the opportunity to ski on our first two days that we were there. Kayla and I skied the first day, and then shopped all day the next. The choir took this trip on Spring break, so it was about the middle of March. It was very frigid up there in CO, that’s for sure. The choir did super well on our songs, and my teacher was very pleased about all of it. The bus ride there and back was so exhausting, though. Just think about being on a bus with about 30 High Schoolers for sixteen hours. Ugh! It wasn’t too bad since I had Kayla by my side, but it was still very interesting. After being in Colorado, I started realizing how much I love it. I’ve never really been a big fan of hot weather as it is, but taking a trip there made me realize how much I prefer cold weather. It was extremely chilly on the mountains, though. I remember after skiing for about two hours, I felt like was going to collapse. I honestly can’t remember another time when I was more exhausted. The next day our legs were so, so sore and achy. We were only there for about four days, but it was definitely a trip to remember. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is my dream vacation. I am a girl born in the wrong part of this country. I love snow and cold weather. I love sweaters and anything fuzzy. At 36 years old I have barely been out of the state of Missouri. But I have vacations that I dream about. Going to Yosemite to see all the falls and the glaciers would be one. But I would like to just MOVE to somewhere like Colorado. Permanently. I hate hot weather. I like doing things in the water in the summer but that is it. I could use that as my excuse to come home, on a vacation, after I move. Your post was very interesting. I enjoyed all of your posts actually. Thanks, Cary

    ReplyDelete