Monday, October 18, 2010

A New Change

So, starting tomorrow I won't be working at the Qdoba on Kansas Expressway anymore, and I'm thrilled. I've worked at Kansas for about 6 months now, and I am definitely ready for a change. It's not that I'm quitting Qdoba, I'm just transferring locations. I will now work at the one on Battlefield, near Buffalo Wild Wings. It will almost feel like it's my first day tomorrow, without that nerve wracking feeling. I mean, I'm sure I'll be a little flustered, but I'lll be just fine. :) Don't you wish that you could start every job already knowing how to do everything? Ha ha. That's how it will be for me tomorrow. I'll know all of the procedures, but yet I'll be at a completely different location. It should be interesting! I've actually only had 2 jobs in my life. I have a lot of friends who have had more than 5 by now. I think it's probably a positive thing to have a low number of jobs though, ya know? I believe that the less jobs you have had, the more committed you are to your employers. Although, businesses certainly look for experience when looking at a resume. You don't necessarily have to have much experience to be a Qdoba line-worker, but I believe that my previous restaurant experience served me well. The only other place that I've worked is Colton's Steakhouse. I was a hostess there for about a year and a half. Honestly, it was a pretty good first job for a 16 year old. It gave me the luxury of having my own personal money, and taught me a lot of responsibility as well. In most cases, no matter what the job is, responsibility will be needed. After I quit Colton's I took about 4 months off from a job. And just let me say, that was quite a change. Not having a constant income sure did take a toll on my personal life! Overall, I'm pretty pleased with who I've become as an employee, and I can only hope to prosper even more as time goes on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment