Friday, October 22, 2010

View from Afar

The other night I invited over a couple of my friends, Corey and Kara. I didn’t really notice at first, but as time passed I began to take note that they were not too fond of one another. It’s already clear to me that Kara is an independent, straight forward kind of girl. Corey on the other hand, is more of a social, yet disrespectful kind of guy. He’ll say just about anything to get a few laughs. After Kara had been speaking for awhile, Corey made the comment of her having a “man voice”. I thought that was ridiculous. Kara is one of my favorite employees at Qdoba, and never have I thought such a thing. Now, Kara, being the strongwilled girl she is, responded appropriately. She calmy said, “I don’t even know who you are, so don’t say things like that to me. Please don’t talk to me for the rest of the night.” I was actually very proud of her for standing up to him like that! Corey just kind of brushed it off and did his own thing for the rest of the night. About two weeks later, they worked together at Kansas. Honestly, this thought humored me. I didn’t have much time to warn Kara about what was coming her way, but man I sure wish I would have. The two were constantly bickering at one another. Kara would make a comment and Corey would bounce right back with another one. As time passes, Kara just shut her mouth. Corey would say things and she decided to not say a word in return. Kara is a very bright, girl, and I really respect her for making that decision. Corey is the kind of guy have it his way or the highway. Whenever Kara stopped replying, you could tell this was annoying him. Overall, the two don’t speak to this day. Although this is unfortunate, I think it’s for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment