Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Social Network

So, on Tuesday night I saw the movie, The Social Network. I really, really liked this movie. At first I wasn't quite sure what I would think about it, but overall, I enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how Facebook was developed. Mark Zuckerberg is now the youngest billionaire in the world, and he deserves to be. I'm not going to sit here and give the movie away to everyone, but let me just say that it was one heck of a process to develop Facebook. Those Harvard students sure know what they're doing! Justin Timberlake did a very good job in the movie as well. I had no idea that he could act as well as he did in The Social Network. He played the guy who developed Napster a few years back. If I remember correctly, Facebook was fully developed in the year 2004. Mark Zuckerberg spent so long making final touches to the site. Even today he seems to be making additions to Facebook. It was first called "The Facebook" to begin with, which I though was very interesting. Justin Timberlake's character gave Mark the idea to knock off the "The" and just leave it as "Facebook". I think Mark's buddy had a great idea there. Evidentially Mark though the same as well because to this day the website is just "Facebook". One of the main things that really stuck out to me in this movie was the dialogue. It was so fluent and intense in each scene. I absolutely loved the word choice that Mark Zuckerberg had in the movie. He was such an intriguing character. His best friend, Eduardo, was also an intelligent young man. Hence why he was the co-founder of Facebook. Overall, the movie was extremely entertaining and I highly recommend it to everyone from my generation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment